Finding mold on an old loaf of bread can be disgusting enough, but finding it in your house is horrific. Mold can enter your house in various ways from water damage, high levels of humidity or a leak in your home you did not know about. When mold is found, it needs to be cleaned up and fixed immediately.
Mold can affect you with the same symptoms as allergies; stuffy nose, wheezing, red or itching eyes/skin. Exposure to mold can lead to getting asthma for some or even cancer.
Once mold is found, preparing the area is first, then start scrubbing for small amounts. This can be done using vinegar, tea tree oil, grapefruit seed extract, hydrogen peroxide, or borax.
Doing it yourself can be cost-effective, but the key is it being done correctly and fixing the problem on how it got there in the first place. Fixing it and preventing it from happening again is an important step to keep your family or workers safe and healthy.
Large amounts, especially after water damage, Blue River Restoration is here to help. Our experts know how to contain and get rid of all ounces of mold.